Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Just what I needed

Just got back.
Have been away for a bit to take a good rest from my work life. A great rest it has been.
Though, initially I planned to go on adventures to spark some excitement and passion within (considered back packing across Indochina to Bangkok, Climb Mount Kinabalu, and a trip to Bali).

However, as it turned out, it was the reverse as I spent much of my time with those whom are close to me. Not really the exciting adventure I had planned but one which in retrospect, I needed.

Went to Ipoh to spend time with my mum and dad.
Needed to get them involved in my life. Havent been doing that.
Also, I needed to strengthen some of my relationships (new and old).
So, I spent some time with my mentors and friends here and in Singapore.
Had a great time, though I ate too much from all the fancy dinners.

Hence this time round, what was originally planned out to fulfill my wants materialised as a trip to fulfill my needs. I really needed to be surrounded by family and close friends whom gave a hoot for me rather than galavanting aimlessly searching for things which I thought was what I needed. This trip gave me an introspective adventure within which helped mend some basic needs which I previously neglected. All in all, this trip has been very enriching.
In fact these past few months have been a series of circumstances which I need to refocus and reorganise myself.
Things are slowly begining to crystalise as I can see clearer on the things I need to do and matters I need to address. Some, I need to loosen my grip and let go. While others I need to firm up my grip and hang on closer. My journey towards an equilibrium state will be ongoing.

PS. And despite of catching up, I manage to squeeze in some time to shop. Got myself a brand new Digicam. Now I can post some refreshed pics on the blog. :P

0 comments: