Saturday, March 29, 2008

Posting of my past...



Have converted yet another of my past writings.

Did I ever mentioned that when I decided to write these (the Reflection series) back then, I was going through yet another turbulent time in my life?
Yes. At that time, I had just quit my job, a bad fall out with a boss who had very questionable scruples.

I thought I has made good from my deliverables to the company, but only to be bashed and accused. I took accusations pretty hard as my work pretty much defined me. So, I decided to stay unemployed for a short while.

"A short while" which lasted me 6 months.
I pondered aimlessly and searched for answers which had no certain solutions.
I questioned everything and anything which lay before me.
I wanted to achor myself to a something which defines my self worth.
And what I found were mushy jello which cannot be anchored.

To add insult to the injury, my support pillars crumbled.
My career was spiralling towards uncertainty,
My friendships withered away, (only a few remained)
My romantic relationship decayed,
My financials were dwindling,
My family were rejected by me, and
My faith was at an all time low.

Indeed, I fell into a melancholic abyss.......

In the midst of my turbulent time,
I found refuge in writing these Reflections
To remind me of my journeys and blessings.
Thankfully, I recovered and decided to prioritise my life and get it back in order.

Anyway, here is another writing during this time.
Reflections of my Past: Part III

0 comments: