Monday, March 23, 2009

Tabula rasa




Tabula rasa refers to the epistemological thesis that individuals are born without built-in mental content and that their knowledge comes from experience and sensory perception.

For me, most interactions I have with others seem so.
I frequently find myself in a tabula rasa state with others.
Maybe its the defensive mechanism built upon me
subsequent the lessons I learned
from the multitude of past relationships
which enables me to move on and start a new.

There it seems I am most comfortable,
There it seems I find serenity,
My abode from all that defines the harshness of my reality.
Here I am able to gather my monologues
which seems to be devoid of emotions and
bountiful of logic and experience.

And that very logic and experience depicts that
I am only present where I am needed...
I will be present to those who need me
And once my tasks are completed and no longer needed,
I will once again set of upon another journey to which
will lead me to one who needs my presence.
in and out and all about..
Explains my melancholic demeanor.

Hard as I try to break free,
I find that every confine which I escape
leads me to another.
Still trying to find the absolute way out.
I pray that HE will lead me out of this.

"Lord, grant me safe passage out of the confines
which entraps me.
Lead me out of this repetitive blank slate which
restricts me,
Free me from all that binds me,
for I want to fill the blank slate and make it stay.
Amen"

0 comments: